Hyperion Materials & Technologies
Summary: The West Branch EHS Manager will lead and develop the EHS Program for Hyperion’s West Branch Powder and Sinter Manufacturing Facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement existing, improved, and new initiatives to reduce and prevent accidents, occupational illnesses, and exposure to long-term health hazards to drive an injury free workplace. Conduct Post-Incident/Near-Miss Root Cause Investigations to determine actions needed to prevent future incidents.
- Ensure the West Branch Sinter and Powder sites are compliant with all regulatory and permit requirements for OSHA (health and safety), state and federal EPA (water, stormwater, waste, and air).
- Regularly reviews site waste stream, programs to identify and implement elimination, recycling and/or cost out opportunities.
- Prepares all required permit renewals and new permit applications and responds to any Notice of Violations (NOV) or other inquiries from regulatory bodies. Prepares annual reports including, annual EPA and OSHA compliance certifications.
- Meets with local community organizations, such as, West Branch Fire Department and Police to promote awareness of our operations and concerns to aid them in understanding our needs and the potential issues they may encounter in our facilities.
- Responsible for medical programs including required emergency responders, surveillance programs, and injury responses.
- Oversees Industrial Hygiene, respiratory protection and hearing conservations programs to ensure a compliant and safe work environment in the West Branch Powder and Sinter sites.
- Responsible for the Emergency Response Teams, directs site security staff and programs.
- Develops and implements programs and procedures to meet global and facility EHS objectives and targets.
- Drives on-time completion of EHS actions by tracking and communicating status of EHS actions to site management and area leaders.
- Identifies, develops and delivers EHS Training for all Associates at required job function. Develops and provides new hire and contractor orientations.
- Manages contractor approval process and authorized site visitor lists.
- Communicates EHS progress, status and issues across the site.
- Effectively communicates with production employees, Site Mangers and Global EHS organization to ensure aligned safety practices and behaviors are in place across all departments, and facilities.
- Utilizes behavior-based safety concepts to improve health and safety programs at the site.
- Maintains an EHS task-tracking system to ensure all EHS required tasks such as inspections, reporting, drills and maintenance are completed in a timely manner.
- Evaluate and determine the appropriate PPE for existing and proposed operations
- Coordinate and lead unannounced periodic site audits for insurance, OSHA, EPA, county and city as required
- Manages the content and delivery of daily and weekly safety topics in coordination with other sites.
- Develop and implement energy reduction programs
- Manage West Branch back-flow and fire systems inspection, testing and repairs.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Work Experience:
- BA or BS Degree and 5 years related experience in an EHS role
- Experienced, action oriented, EHS professional with a passion for engaging all employees across the organization to own safety
- Demonstrated track record of managing safe & environmentally sound workplace including all regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets and use Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point and/or Access) to analyze data and trends
- Communicates effectively: both orally and in writing; maintain detailed and accurate records; prepare clear and concise written reports.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, customer service driven, with a sense of urgency and ability to make sound, rational decisions and deliver results under pressure.
- Ability to work with teams, lead decision-making processes in a team environment, and build effective cross functional relationships throughout the organization
- Limited domestic travel
Hyperion Materials & Technologies Core Competencies required to perform standards of position:
|Job Knowledge||Has the skills and knowledge necessary to be effective in the specific functional content of their job. Learns quickly, demonstrates intellectual curiosity, and embraces opportunities for personal growth and development.|
|Results Orientation||Maintains a high level of commitment to personally getting things done. Demonstrates initiative and applies a sense of urgency. Executes and follows through. Delivers quality work on time. Dependable and responsible.|
|Teamwork||Effectively works and collaborates with others toward a common goal. Builds and maintains cooperative and productive working relationships with others. Is open minded and flexible. Completes their own tasks for team projects in a timely and responsible manner and directly contributes to reaching the team goals.|
|Innovation & Continuous Improvement||Generates creative and novel ideas and solutions that will result in improved processes, better outcomes, and higher productivity. Open to change and adapts to different ways of doing things. Tries to develop new ways to address business challenges and problems. Forward thinking and resourceful.|
|Customer Focus||Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.|
|Interpersonal Communication||Communicates clearly and effectively verbally and in writing with people inside and outside of the organization. Listens effectively and develops rapport with others. Articulates their thoughts and ideas clearly, presents information in a straightforward and logical way and ensures that they are understood. Shares information with others that will improve work progress.|
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.