Engineer, New Product Development
Hyperion Materials & Technologies
Company Profile: Hyperion Material and Technologies is a leading, world-class supplier of hard and super-hard materials and solutions to the manufacturing industry. We have a diverse base of customers in industries like automotive, aerospace, electronics, energy and general engineering that we support with ~1,300 employees in multiple global locations.
Summary: The New Product Development (NPD) engineer will be responsible for designing, planning and manufacturing of new and complex products in our tungsten carbide-based lines within the Precision Solutions business. The NPD engineer will work cross-functionally with engineering, operations, and product management to develop new product solutions in a cost-efficient and timely manner.
This position may work out of West Branch, Mi or Latrobe, PA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with operations teams to prioritize and drive NPD project execution.
- Evaluate and quote new and complex parts from customer supplied drawings & 3D models.
- Interface and work with customers to ensure design for manufacturability.
- Work with operations, supply chain and externals vendors to develop and implement a suitable manufacturing solution.
- Drive efficient manufacture of prototype parts for testing at the customer.
- Lead successful industrialization and hand off to manufacturing operations.
- Ensure efficient project execution to meet cost targets and customer time commitments.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent field
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of carbide manufacturing processes (pressing, green machining, sintering) and hard machining/grinding operations (hands on machining skills a plus).
- Skilled in interpreting engineering drawings, GD&T, 3D modelling, CAD and CAM programming.
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to organize and lead initiatives.
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal), interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Self-starter and highly motivated with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Work, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Up to 20% travel is to be expected.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and extended hours as warranted.
Hyperion Materials & Technologies Core Competencies required to perform standards of position:
|Job Knowledge||Has the skills and knowledge necessary to be effective in the specific functional content of their job. Learns quickly, demonstrates intellectual curiosity, and embraces opportunities for personal growth and development.|
|Results Orientation||Maintains a high level of commitment to personally getting things done. Demonstrates initiative and applies a sense of urgency. Executes and follows through. Delivers quality work on time. Dependable and responsible.|
|Teamwork||Effectively works and collaborates with others toward a common goal. Builds and maintains cooperative and productive working relationships with others. Is open minded and flexible. Completes their own tasks for team projects in a timely and responsible manner and directly contributes to reaching the team goals.|
|Innovation & Continuous Improvement||Generates creative and novel ideas and solutions that will result in improved processes, better outcomes, and higher productivity. Open to change and adapts to different ways of doing things. Tries to develop new ways to address business challenges and problems. Forward thinking and resourceful.|
|Customer Focus||Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.|
|Interpersonal Communication||Communicates clearly and effectively verbally and in writing with people inside and outside of the organization. Listens effectively and develops rapport with others. Articulates their thoughts and ideas clearly, presents information in a straightforward and logical way and ensures that they are understood. Shares information with others that will improve work progress.|
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.