Hyperion Materials Technologies
Summary: The Maintenance Associate is a skilled job that requires knowledge in electrical and mechanical maintenance practices in a heavy industrial environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: _*
Independent and responsible performance of diversified maintenance and repair work requiring specialized training, experience, and skills. The successful associates will possess skill and knowledge in the following maintenance disciplines:
- Hydraulics & Pneumatics
- Welding, Rigging & Fabrication
- Shop Machines & Tools
Schematics & Print Reading
- Pumps, Piping & Combustion
- Motors & Control Circuitry
AC/DC Theory, Power Distribution & Electrical Maintenance
- Power Transmission, Lubricants & Mechanical Maintenance
- Computers & PLC’s
Duties include the fully satisfactory performance of maintaining and trouble-shooting equipment in the following areas:
- Perform advanced trouble shooting and repairs on a wide variety of electro/mechanical systems that include robotic machining centers, CNC lathes, grinders, lasers, high pressure/temperature presses.
- Operate and maintenance of key systems such as chiller, air compressors boilers and HVAC equipment
- Troubleshooting control systems, which may involve hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics, gas handling and acid distribution systems in a powdered metals/ceramics environment.
- Equipment downtime and root cause failure analysis.
- Perform and assist in the development and implementation of PM and Predictive Methodologies activities.
- Develop and implement maintenance practices for new equipment installation and start-up.
- Leverage equipment diagnostic system to monitor machine performance.
- Interface with the Oracle Computerized Maintenance system for work tracking and part procurement.
- Actively participate in Lean Manufacturing events and activities.
- Perform repairs to building and grounds such as painting, plumbing, flooring, doors and lighting.
- Requires lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Approximately 75-85% of the time will involve standing or walking including stairs.
- Requires the operation of articulating lifts, cranes, and fork truck.
- PPE requirements include respirators and NFPA-70 approved apparel.
- Requires up to 25% overtime, emergency call-in requests and availability to work scheduled shutdowns.
Qualifications: _*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Work Experience:
- Must possess strong electro/mechanical skills and a technical degree or verifiable, relevant maintenance experience.
- Must have a passing score on Multi-Craft Assessment Test.
- Experience in troubleshooting PLC’s, industrial controls, instrumentation, and automation is a must.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A good working knowledge of NFPA70E, OSHA, and NEC regulatory safety and design codes.
- Understanding of modern predictive maintenance technologies such as infrared testing, oil analysis, vibration analysis, ultrasonic detection and motor circuit analysis.
- Basic craft skills such as welding, pipefitting and sheet metal fabrication.
- Good communication skills are required, both written and oral.
- Identifies problems and update working methods, propose and implement ideas to improve processes.
- Follow EHS, quality and 6S procedures.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.