Website Hyperion Materials and Technologies
Job Title: Process Engineer – Sinter
Location: West Branch
Reports to: Engineering Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared Date: 5/2022
Summary: The position will be responsible for strategic and Capex projects in West Branch Sinter. You will analyze existing production processes and develop recommendations for changes to working methods or operational procedures that will minimize risks, costs, and waste; increase yields and productivity; and improve the quality and consistency of final tungsten carbide powder products. You will be a key contributor to lean events and drive continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated professional with the ability to work independently and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization. Must have experience and a working knowledge of technical problem solving and will possess the ability to analyze production data and present results logically and succinctly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In partnership with EHS and Plant Management Team, participates in scheduled safety meetings to review performance and is a leader in creating and maintaining a culture reflective of a commitment to an accident free workplace
- Work with operational resources to achieve business goals and lead strategic & Capex projects related to powder plant.
- Work closely with the team to identify process improvements and key lean initiatives necessary for the manufacturing of consistent high quality RTP tungsten carbide powder.
- Identify and implement process, equipment, materials and technology improvements to increase productivity, improve quality, and reduce cost.
- Collect and communicate key process indicators that drive increased operational stability and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Directly support successful implementation of new products for internal and external customers with proper quality standards and documentation
- Provide leadership and technical discipline by using six sigma principles to implement robust processes.
- Responsible for driving improvement in material yields and reductions in scrap
- Provide technical support for developing process documentation
- Troubleshooting all equipment used in the manufacturing process
- Integral team member in defining, collecting and analyzing data to drive business improvement
- Ensure that the processes are in line with the standards and in compliance with environmental and safety regulations (government and Hyperion) based on current ISO standards certified by the site
- Support the status of the machinery and equipment to ensure quality of products, working with vendors, Maintenance on PM’s, improvements, and TPM efforts
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Work Experience:
- BS/MS in Mechanical, Industrial, Materials Science Engineering or related discipline preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing environment with increasing responsibility.
- Background in any of the following areas is strongly desired: Sintering and Material Analysis.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven track record of successful completion of capital projects. Formal project management certification is desirable.
- Proven problem-solving capabilities; proficient in use of problem-solving-tools (5-Why, A3, DOE)
- Demonstrated implementation of lean principles and/or six sigma methodologies
- Must have excellent data analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Must possess ability to influence people to achieve department and plant mission, vision and objectives;
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be effective in working with and maintaining relationships with all levels of employee at plant and corporate levels;
- Ability to be resourceful, demonstrate business acumen and critical thinking skills and make sound decisions.
- Travel generally not required
Hyperion Materials & Technologies Core Competencies required to perform standards of position:
|Job Knowledge||Has the skills and knowledge necessary to be effective in the specific functional content of their job. Learns quickly, demonstrates intellectual curiosity, and embraces opportunities for personal growth and development.|
|Results Orientation||Maintains a high level of commitment to personally getting things done. Demonstrates initiative and applies a sense of urgency. Executes and follows through. Delivers quality work on time. Dependable and responsible.|
|Teamwork||Effectively works and collaborates with others toward a common goal. Builds and maintains cooperative and productive working relationships with others. Is open minded and flexible. Completes their own tasks for team projects in a timely and responsible manner and directly contributes to reaching the team goals.|
|Innovation & Continuous Improvement||Generates creative and novel ideas and solutions that will result in improved processes, better outcomes, and higher productivity. Open to change and adapts to different ways of doing things. Tries to develop new ways to address business challenges and problems. Forward thinking and resourceful.|
|Customer Focus||Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.|
|Interpersonal Communication||Communicates clearly and effectively verbally and in writing with people inside and outside of the organization. Listens effectively and develops rapport with others. Articulates their thoughts and ideas clearly, presents information in a straightforward and logical way and ensures that they are understood. Shares information with others that will improve work progress.|
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.