Product Specialist – Can Tooling
Hyperion Materials & Technologies
The Product Specialist, Can Tooling (Tools for Can making industry) will work with the Global Sales Manager and the US senior Product specialist to follow the strategy and support the fast-growing demand from US market. The Product Specialist must also manage day to day aspects of the business. Successful candidates will be able to interface with all areas of the business (sales, manufacturing, engineering, and marketing) to build cross-functional teams, understand customer needs and work with commercial organization to drive sales growth. A technical background will help the Product Specialist understand our products, our production processes and how our customers and end users use our products.
The preferred locations for this position are Pennsylvania and Ohio. You will be travelling domestically and responsible for developing and growing new and existing customers in the United States. Limited international travel may be required to interact with other parts of Hyperion’s organization
Key Performance Area:
- Develop individual sales plans, achieve monthly sales targets and other defined business objectives.
- Follow-up on leads and referrals, assessing and qualifying them as sales opportunities.
- Use sales processes and value selling to uncover the needs of customers and demonstrate how Hyperion Materials & Technologies can meet their needs.
- Obtain relevant information to process and resolve customer inquiries, requests, or complaints.
- Learn and cultivate product and application knowledge to answer customer questions.
- Conduct insightful voice of the customer analysis to identify customer satisfaction, needs and perceived and unknown customer pain.
- Support the sales forecast process for the area of responsibility.
- Manage and implement the pricing plan for the area of responsibility.
Have at least 3-5 years of work experience in a similar position, involving technical sales and application engineering. Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred.
- Highly customer oriented
- Strong personal drive with well-developed ability to prioritize, follow up and conclude deals
- Ability to network, cooperate and cultivate effective partnerships with customers
- Strong technical background and understanding of material properties.
- Knowledge of cemented carbide, ceramics, and applications such as DWI or cold and hot stamping will be a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills: experience working across multiple levels, functions, and regions; able to clearly communicate complex issues in a clear and concise manner
- Clear thinking/problem solving; experience having successfully led application development activities; able to quickly grasp new ideas
- Able to anticipate, identify, and respond to challenging situations
- Demonstrate leadership ability
- Basic understanding of typical production processes for components and sub-assemblies made from cemented carbide and other associated materials
Hyperion Materials & Technologies Core Competencies required to perform standards of position:
|Job Knowledge||Has the skills and knowledge necessary to be effective in the specific functional content of their job. Learns quickly, demonstrates intellectual curiosity, and embraces opportunities for personal growth and development.|
|Results Orientation||Maintains a high level of commitment to personally getting things done. Demonstrates initiative and applies a sense of urgency. Executes and follows through. Delivers quality work on time. Dependable and responsible.|
|Teamwork||Effectively works and collaborates with others toward a common goal. Builds and maintains cooperative and productive working relationships with others. Is open minded and flexible. Completes their own tasks for team projects in a timely and responsible manner and directly contributes to reaching the team goals.|
|Innovation & Continuous Improvement||Generates creative and novel ideas and solutions that will result in improved processes, better outcomes, and higher productivity. Open to change and adapts to different ways of doing things. Tries to develop new ways to address business challenges and problems. Forward thinking and resourceful.|
|Customer Focus||Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.|
|Interpersonal Communication||Communicates clearly and effectively verbally and in writing with people inside and outside of the organization. Listens effectively and develops rapport with others. Articulates their thoughts and ideas clearly, presents information in a straightforward and logical way and ensures that they are understood. Shares information with others that will improve work progress.|
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.