Production Supervisor – Off Shift (2nd or 3rd)
Website Hyperion Materials & Technologies
From Powder to Precision
Summary: In this key role, the Value Stream Supervisor will provide direction and leadership for Value Stream operations. This individual will lead direct reports in the attainment of established production standards, goals and objectives including those associated with Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and other key performance indicators. The ideal candidate is considered a high performer with ambition for upward mobility within the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct supervision of Associates including: communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; coordinating, and ensuring compliance with systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees, and developing personal growth opportunities.
- In partnership with EHS and Plant Management Team, participates in scheduled safety meetings to review performance and is a leader in creating and maintain a culture reflective of a commitment to an accident-free workplace
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with company values and current company policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and re-design processes to meet/exceed customer expectations; establish and communicate service metrics; monitor and analyze results; implement changes as required.
- Implementation of LEAN principles to meet/exceed business and customer needs
- Leads Value Stream in a manner that promotes participative management. Develops direct reports focusing on leadership skills in a team environment
- Plan all department processing operations to meet promised delivery dates through optimum utilization of facilities and personnel as directed by production scheduling.
- Meets with the Value Stream team regularly, reflecting on problems, counter measures, solutions, and challenges
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Work Experience:
- B.S. degree in an appropriate discipline
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Must possess ability to influence people to achieve department and plant mission, vision and objectives;
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be effective in working with and maintaining relationships with all levels of employee at plant and corporate levels;
- Ability to be resourceful, demonstrate business acumen and critical thinking skills and make sound decisions;
- Familiarity and competency with computers, databases and systems such as Oracle;
- Training and/or experience leading a Kaizen or TPM; and
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Travel generally not required
Hyperion Materials & Technologies Core Competencies required to perform standards of position:
|Job Knowledge||Has the skills and knowledge necessary to be effective in the specific functional content of their job. Learns quickly, demonstrates intellectual curiosity, and embraces opportunities for personal growth and development.|
|Results Orientation||Maintains a high level of commitment to personally getting things done. Demonstrates initiative and applies a sense of urgency. Executes and follows through. Delivers quality work on time. Dependable and responsible.|
|Teamwork||Effectively works and collaborates with others toward a common goal. Builds and maintains cooperative and productive working relationships with others. Is open minded and flexible. Completes their own tasks for team projects in a timely and responsible manner and directly contributes to reaching the team goals.|
|Innovation & Continuous Improvement||Generates creative and novel ideas and solutions that will result in improved processes, better outcomes, and higher productivity. Open to change and adapts to different ways of doing things. Tries to develop new ways to address business challenges and problems. Forward thinking and resourceful.|
|Customer Focus||Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.|
|Interpersonal Communication||Communicates clearly and effectively verbally and in writing with people inside and outside of the organization. Listens effectively and develops rapport with others. Articulates their thoughts and ideas clearly, presents information in a straightforward and logical way and ensures that they are understood. Shares information with others that will improve work progress.|
Hyperion Materials & Technologies Leadership Competencies required to perform standards of position:
|Business Impact||Understands the business and stays abreast of industry trends; thinks strategically for their area and sets a course that will best support the business; establishes financial and organizational goals, objectives, and deadlines; recognizes and helps remove obstacles and barriers; shows determination and resiliency when important issues are at stake; acts with a sense of urgency.|
|Team Impact||Leads their team with confidence and courage; connects organizational priorities with team goals; delegates and empowers team members to do what they do best; builds trust; leads the team through times of change; manages team dynamics; Is approachable and creates a culture of appreciation, respect and collaboration.|
|Personal Impact||Coaches and develops others to ensure organizational success; identifies talent and provides opportunities to learn and grow; recognizes great performance; provides ongoing feedback; addresses performance issues decisively and quickly.|
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.