Website Hyperion Materials & Technologies
Summary: In this key role, The Quality Manager – Precision Solutions is responsible for the overall coordination of the Quality processes supporting external customer and internal Precision Solutions production facilities and product segments. Responsible for developing, implementing and administering policies and procedures to achieve the Customer Satisfaction and ensure Quality company objectives in line with the Global Hyperion Quality Policy. A strong emphasis will be on the continual of development in Customer, Internal Process and Supplier quality programs. Will drive corrective actions within the plants assigned and ensure appropriate feedback is provided to both the customer and supplier related to any quality issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the coordinator for manufacturing with a strong focus on Customer and marketing on quality issues. Investigate customer complaints regarding quality and provide solutions back to the customers and manufacturing.
- Responsible for planning total quality policies, programs and initiatives. Will be required to support the maintenance of Hyperion global ISO 9000, 14000 and 18000 certifications within the Precision Solutions production units.
- Supports assessment and integration of the quality systems for future Precision Solutions acquisitions to the Hyperion Quality System expectations.
- Drive a focused total quality program including working with each plant to establish KPIs, monitor performance and lead action planning to drive continuous improvement in the quality programs.
- Initiate and lead programs to improve quality and improve customer satisfaction for Precision Solutions customers.
- Keep management team, marketing and sales informed of significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and what actions will be taken to improve the situation.
- Understands the current and future quality needs and proactively recommend solutions.
- Ensure that all units within the Business Unit understand and comply with Precision Solutions and Hyperion quality objectives and policy.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality activities in each of the production units in assigned area.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Work Experience:
- University Degree in Quality/ Materials or other related course of study
- Minimum of five years in a Quality role for a discrete manufacturing organization.
- Five years of management experience (preferred)
- Experience managing people across the organization with various departmental stakeholders.
- Experience and expertise of Quality standards (domestic and international)
- Six Sigma training (certification a plus)
- Experience implementing and leading LEAN and 6-Sigma continuous improvement efforts
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- English fluency is required; verbal and written
- Ability to apply and teach Problem Solving methods, including but not limited to: 5 Why, A3, and Variation Reduction
- Ability to mine, analyze and synthesis detailed data sets into clear information that is easily digestible and actionable
- Ability to clearly present complex problems, recommendations, and solutions to all levels of the organization from shop floor to top executives
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project
- Primary Location in West Branch, Michigan
- Travel required up to 25% of time, mostly to Precision Solutions locations – Latrobe, PA; Bridgeport, MI; Elk Grove, IL and future acquisitions (domestic and international)
Hyperion Materials & Technologies Core Competencies required to perform standards of position:
|Job Knowledge||Has the skills and knowledge necessary to be effective in the specific functional content of their job. Learns quickly, demonstrates intellectual curiosity, and embraces opportunities for personal growth and development.|
|Results Orientation||Maintains a high level of commitment to personally getting things done. Demonstrates initiative and applies a sense of urgency. Executes and follows through. Delivers quality work on time. Dependable and responsible.|
|Teamwork||Effectively works and collaborates with others toward a common goal. Builds and maintains cooperative and productive working relationships with others. Is open minded and flexible. Completes their own tasks for team projects in a timely and responsible manner and directly contributes to reaching the team goals.|
|Innovation & Continuous Improvement||Generates creative and novel ideas and solutions that will result in improved processes, better outcomes, and higher productivity. Open to change and adapts to different ways of doing things. Tries to develop new ways to address business challenges and problems. Forward thinking and resourceful.|
|Customer Focus||Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.|
|Interpersonal Communication||Communicates clearly and effectively verbally and in writing with people inside and outside of the organization. Listens effectively and develops rapport with others. Articulates their thoughts and ideas clearly, presents information in a straightforward and logical way and ensures that they are understood. Shares information with others that will improve work progress.|
Hyperion Materials & Technologies Leadership Competencies required to perform standards of position:
|Business Impact||Understands the business and stays abreast of industry trends; thinks strategically for their area and sets a course that will best support the business; establishes financial and organizational goals, objectives, and deadlines; recognizes and helps remove obstacles and barriers; shows determination and resiliency when important issues are at stake; acts with a sense of urgency.|
|Team Impact||Leads their team with confidence and courage; connects organizational priorities with team goals; delegates and empowers team members to do what they do best; builds trust; leads the team through times of change; manages team dynamics; Is approachable and creates a culture of appreciation, respect and collaboration.|
|Personal Impact||Coaches and develops others to ensure organizational success; identifies talent and provides opportunities to learn and grow; recognizes great performance; provides ongoing feedback; addresses performance issues decisively and quickly.|
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.