Demand and Supply Planner
Website Hyperion Materials and Technologies
The Demand and Supply Planner – Precision Solutions is responsible to lead the strategic production planning and supply process for the Precision Solutions Business Unit (BU) production units, building and applying production capacity models, site capability matrices, input from sales outlooks, open orders and historical customer and internal requirements to develop and support the business unit strategy. This role will own the business unit process to coordinate efforts of the production planning, operations, and supply management utilizing fact-based metrics and KPI’s to support lead time reduction and delivery improvement. This position will drive the monthly supply management process with customers, both internal and external, coordinating labor and equipment capacity planning and allocation decision making across the Production Units (PUs) as well as lead the monitoring and problem solving of gaps to critical supply KPI’s including lead time, delivery, and inventory control across the BU.
This role will use critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills to ensure Hyperion maximizes the service levels for Precision Solutions customers while optimizing cost, productivity and net working capital utilization. You will coordinate with and influence cross-functional teams across the business unit to achieve the best outcomes for the customer and the company. Your initiative, creativity, and leadership will play a key role in helping drive production and capacity planning strategy for the Precision Solutions business unit. The position will need to quickly develop credibility and influence, while leveraging strong interpersonal and leadership skills to align operational plans with supply requirements, supply chain strategies and financial targets that meet critical customer needs.
- Develop and manage Business Unit (BU) production and supply planning strategy and process to drive customer delivery accuracy, production efficiency, lead time performance, and effective use of BU net working capital.
- Analyze and utilize historical volume, product mix, sales outlook data, as well as current open orders to drive a forward looking projection of production requirements and capacity outlook.
- Builds and develops labor and equipment capacity and output models to inform production planning, labor management, and capex strategy for Precision Solutions and supporting PUs.
- Consults with BU commercial teams to understand forward looking market needs, including changes in product mix and volume requirements, to assess impacts, risks, and opportunities to optimize delivery, lead time, production efficiency and net working capital opportunities.
- Coordinates with Precision Solutions and supporting Production Unit (PU) leadership and planning teams to develop proactive production plans and strategies to ensure to business and customer needs are met and performance risks are mitigated.
- Establish and monitor key metrics in WIP, raw, and finished goods inventory levels, analyze data, identify trends, and generate opportunities for improvement. Develop action plans with key management stakeholders to ensure capacity and supply plans are achievable and have optimal utilization of resources.
- Proactively identify potential capacity gaps and develops mitigation options to ensure overall performance metrics can be achieved
- Leads execution of monthly production capacity and planning process, including coordination of Precision Solution commercial team, production unit manufacturing, purchasing and planning organizations.
- Identifies and leads improvement initiatives in lead time, delivery accuracy, production planning efficiency, and business unit inventory usage
- Initiates and manages best-practice business metrics and tools to measure performance of the planning, purchasing, production and inventory control functions.
- ERP M3 Key user and trainer on planning processes and tools within Precision Solutions
- Other duties and projects as needed.
- BS/BA degree in a business or analytical field with focus in operations management, supply chain management, engineering, finance, business administration. (10+ years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.)
- 5+ years of experience in relevant focus area of business/product management/finance/supply chain.
- Experience with supply planning, production and inventory control preferably within a high mix, discrete product, made to order manufacturing environment.
- Solid understanding of production planning processes and concepts around capacity and labor planning and inventory management in a mixed model flow environment
- Strong knowledge of and troubleshooting experience in Material Requirement Planning and ERP Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, quantify benefit and prioritize lean manufacturing improvement opportunities. Working knowledge of value stream mapping, Kanban systems, and pull manufacturing methods, preferably in a high mix, dynamic, discrete manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams, Power BI, Business Objects) and M3 Movex or other ERP system.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills across all levels and various disciplines
- Ability to work effectively across multiple facilities and reporting lines. Ability to mediate discussions between stakeholders with varying incentives and arrive at consensus.
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure and deal with complexity and manage ambiguity and distill relevant information into simple messages.
- Self-motivated and proactive problem solver with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Travel to other Hyperion sites on occasion and as required; expected travel up to 25%
Hyperion Materials & Technologies Core Competencies required to perform standards of position:
|Job Knowledge||Has the skills and knowledge necessary to be effective in the specific functional content of their job. Learns quickly, demonstrates intellectual curiosity, and embraces opportunities for personal growth and development.|
|Results Orientation||Maintains a high level of commitment to personally getting things done. Demonstrates initiative and applies a sense of urgency. Executes and follows through. Delivers quality work on time. Dependable and responsible.|
|Teamwork||Effectively works and collaborates with others toward a common goal. Builds and maintains cooperative and productive working relationships with others. Is open minded and flexible. Completes their own tasks for team projects in a timely and responsible manner and directly contributes to reaching the team goals.|
|Innovation & Continuous Improvement||Generates creative and novel ideas and solutions that will result in improved processes, better outcomes, and higher productivity. Open to change and adapts to different ways of doing things. Tries to develop new ways to address business challenges and problems. Forward thinking and resourceful.|
|Customer Focus||Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.|
|Interpersonal Communication||Communicates clearly and effectively verbally and in writing with people inside and outside of the organization. Listens effectively and develops rapport with others. Articulates their thoughts and ideas clearly, presents information in a straightforward and logical way and ensures that they are understood. Shares information with others that will improve work progress.|
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.