GLE – a Hyperion Company
This position is accountable for the set-up and operation of production equipment to cost effectively produce a high-quality product on a timely basis that meets customer requirements.
- Set-up and operate production equipment to produce product that meets internal and external customer demands.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that interfaces well with customers, clients, co-workers, and management members.
- Continually monitor manufacturing methods, processes and procedures to ensure department and business goals are met while maintaining or improving cost competitiveness, which includes identifying, recommending, and implementing necessary improvements.
- Follow and continually monitor established safety procedures to assure a clean and safe work environment is promoted and maintained.
Provide quality in all goods and services delivered to internal and external customers through an approach of thorough planning, responsible implementation, and continuous improvement.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude.
- Preferred 2 year’s previous experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to differentiate between alpha-numeric characters.
- Must have a good verbal and written understanding of the English language.
- Ability to accurately inspect finished parts using calipers, micrometers, and other gauges, measuring threads, O.D., I.D., lengths or depths within predefined accuracy ranges.
- Ability to use math, for general work (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Ability to effectively communicate, train and support one another and the business.
- Ability to repetitively (using safe manual lifting procedures) lift 50 lbs of material from the ground up to waist-high levels and load onto machinery and be able to perform repetitive motion tasks.
- Must have manual dexterity and vision necessary to operate required tools and machines safely.
Canidates must be able to work any shift (2nd) and have the ability to work overtime as needed.
Quality encompasses all aspects of GLE’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and, through designated channels, initiate and recommend solutions.
Candidates applying for one of these positions will be required to train on day shift (1st) and will then be moved to second shift (2nd) upon completion of training.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org