Production Operator – Carbide Powder Plant
Hyperion Materials & Technologies
Full Job Description
The Powder Plant Operator completes set-up and operates equipment to support the carbide powder manufacturing process. This includes: powder weighing, mill room operation, spray dryer operation, powder packaging, and hydrogen dewax/rework.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Participate in team initiatives to identify and resolve safety issues.
Participation in developing LEAN solutions throughout the Powder Plant
Independent, safe, and responsible operation of equipment, to include:
- Weighing powder accurately in accordance with formulation picklist
- Mill and pump preparation
- Mill operation (pre-slurry tank, loading, transfers, wax addition and pulling)
- Safe operation of pressurized solvent system (Acetone)
- Spray dryer preparation and operation
- Powder packaging
- Assist with the loading and unloading of shipping trucks and containers
- Assist with maintaining accurate inventories
- Operate and interpret results from measuring tools, gauges, scales, microscopes, go/no go gauges, and visual standards.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance tasks including lubrication, filter changes, equipment cleanliness, and other as necessary.
Complete ownership for housekeeping in assigned work area.
Assist with training others in the safe and responsible operation of assigned manufacturing equipment
Assure product and process quality measures are maintained, and communicate quality concerns
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Flexible to handle sudden changes in daily priorities
- Good interpersonal and team-oriented skills and behaviors
- This position is 2nd Shift (1PM – 9PM Mon-Fri)
- Must be available to work overtime during periods of high order volume.
Education and/or Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be comfortable wearing a respirator and other PPE for entire shift
- Able to lift > 50 pounds up-to 100+ times per day, use automated crane for lifting 50 lb +
- Stand/walk for 8-10 hours per day
- Basic computer competency (email, data entry into Material Mgmt. Systems, log notes in MSWord, etc.)
- Strong mathematical and mechanical skills
- Mechanical ability to troubleshooting production equipment, tear down and rebuild as needed
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.